I suggest you ...

Add Bengali

Bengali has over 230 million speakers and is the officail langauge of Bangladesh and West Bengal, India (which includes one of India's biggest cities Calcutta). Bengali is also spoken by communties in the UK, USA, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Myanmar and Canada. Bengali also is considered imporant engough by UN, which is considering as making Hindi/Urdu and BENGALI offical langauges of the UN. Besides this many great people come from Bengali background including Satyajit Ray (India's most famous director), Rabindranath Tagore, Ram Mohan Roy, and Sri Aurobindo. Also Rd Burman, Rani Mukerji and Nandita Das are notable bengali's. Out of All world langauges Bengali is the most ignored. I think the reason behind it is because people dont have any resources for them. Bengali it self is easy and a joy to learn, but the joy of learning gets over shadowed by the lack of resources. I know many other people who consider Bengali to be an imporant langauge to learn and would like to learn it but can not. Even rosetta stone doesnt offer this amazing langauge. So please, please please Live Mocha, add this wonderful and beautiful lanaguge!!

303 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mira nair mira nair shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LaaliLaali commented  · 

I was shocked Live Mocha had no Bangla course. Its the seventh most spoken langauge in the world.

• Wini Wini commented  · 

beautful beautiful and rich language

• Nurul absar Nurul absar commented  · 

I want to see Bangali Language sit to add as a livemocha language course ..
        thanks

• Tara Tara commented  · 

Bengali is a wonderful Wonderful lanauge. livemocha add more indian languages!

• shukornoshukorno commented  · 

we need to build awareness among us so that we bangalis, wherever we live around the world, can use our own platform to popularise the demand of making bengali one of the official langauge of UN.

• Arua Arua commented  · 

YES!!! ADD BANGLA!!! I had been learning Bengali for three yrs and i want course here on live mocha!!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Yeah!!!!!!!!!! let us have Bengali course here in Livemocha.

• sumantasumanta commented  · 

Bangla (Bengali) should have been a part of Livemocha from the beginning. It is time Bangla gets the respect it truly deserves.

• barta 75barta 75 commented  · 

The inspiration of International Mother Language Day observed by UN is Bengali. Please add Bengali in Livemocha.

• BrentBrent commented  · 

I would love it if Bengali was added.

• DerekDerek commented  · 

Add Bangla! This is the eigth most spoken language and is very underated. I would also like to see a Punjabi course here,

• Scott JenkinsScott Jenkins commented  · 

It should be fairly easy to adapt Bangla to the Livemocha format. I'm not a native speaker, but I know enough to help with the translation. It would be good to see it added.

• kawsarkawsar commented  · 

I don't know why we need to vote to add Bengali . If the administrator analysis statistics that how many people speak and write by Bengali they can easily realize how important to add this language to learn. If administration analysis without any discrimination they will not take longer time to add this language to study for people.

If Bangla is not added it will be discrimination. Why you are thing and surveying vote for this language? Add it now!

• RosiebhaiRosiebhai commented  · 

Please add Bengali! I'm trying to learn and it would be so much easier if Livemocha offered this language.

• Johnny Johnny commented  · 

Bengali is the best! Please add it!

I will be glad to see Bangla here :))

I will be glad to see Bangla here :))

Feedback and Knowledge Base