I suggest you ...

Add Bengali

Bengali has over 230 million speakers and is the officail langauge of Bangladesh and West Bengal, India (which includes one of India's biggest cities Calcutta). Bengali is also spoken by communties in the UK, USA, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Myanmar and Canada. Bengali also is considered imporant engough by UN, which is considering as making Hindi/Urdu and BENGALI offical langauges of the UN. Besides this many great people come from Bengali background including Satyajit Ray (India's most famous director), Rabindranath Tagore, Ram Mohan Roy, and Sri Aurobindo. Also Rd Burman, Rani Mukerji and Nandita Das are notable bengali's. Out of All world langauges Bengali is the most ignored. I think the reason behind it is because people dont have any resources for them. Bengali it self is easy and a joy to learn, but the joy of learning gets over shadowed by the lack of resources. I know many other people who consider Bengali to be an imporant langauge to learn and would like to learn it but can not. Even rosetta stone doesnt offer this amazing langauge. So please, please please Live Mocha, add this wonderful and beautiful lanaguge!!

306 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mira nair mira nair shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • KMAM SohelKMAM Sohel commented  · 

Bangla should be added without any delay.

• JoJoJoJo commented  · 

Add Bangla now! I want to learn this lanaguge.

• Shamik GhoshShamik Ghosh commented  · 

I am a bengali from West Bengal (INDIA)

• pintu roypintu roy commented  · 

Bengali is spoken by a huge number of people(more than french,german and italian speakers individually),it has got a history of very rich literature created by so many great authors and poets like Rabindranath Tegore, Saratchandra, Bibhutibhuson, Michel Madhusudon, Jeebanananda and so many others that can't be finished by saying only a few names. Above all, the most interesting fact is that it is very easy to learn.So, bengali should be used as one of the official languages of Livemocha and I would strongly recommend Bengali to be one of the languages here. We want Bengali here...,we want it very much.

• Nahid HasanNahid Hasan commented  · 

This is really frustrating . Livemocha Should have added bengali before . We do expect Bangla to be one of the Livemocha's offical language .

• bultibulti commented  · 

Bangla should be included.

• Sukhendu DewanSukhendu Dewan commented  · 

We want Bengali in the list! We want it, we want it, we want it! :)

• mahbub6473mahbub6473 commented  · 

Please add 'Bengali' on Livemocha.

• gautamgautam commented  · 

bangali is a sweet language..Bengali is an eastern Indo-Aryan language. It is native to the region of eastern South Asia known as Bengal, which comprises present day Bangladesh, the Indian state of West Bengal, and parts of the Indian states of Tripura and Assam. It is written with the Bengali script. With nearly 230 million total speakers, Bengali is one of the most spoken languages (ranking sixth[2][3]) in the world.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD BANGLA! IM ALSO TRYING TO LEARN IT IT IS A GREAT LANGAUGE AND A MAJOR WORLD LANGAUGE!! I live in UK and know many many many Bengali speakers. Most of the South Asian resturants I go to are run by Bengali Speakers I go there and here this beautiful lanaguge all the time and would love to speak it with the workers. I have two books on Bengali but neither have done any good. I have learnt most of my Hindi from live mocha but i really really would love to learn Bengali, its great beautiful and cultured langauge!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD BANGLA! IM ALSO TRYING TO LEARN IT IT IS A GREAT LANGAUGE AND A MAJOR WORLD LANGAUGE!! I live in UK and know many many many Bengali speakers. Most of the South Asian resturants I go to are run by Bengali Speakers I go there and here this beautiful lanaguge all the time and would love to speak it with the workers. I have two books on Bengali but neither have done any good. I have learnt most of my Hindi from live mocha but i really really would love to learn Bengali, its great beautiful and cultured langauge!

• susovansusovan commented  · 

Bengali is a very sweet language and very rich in culture.we need Bengali on livemocha.

• AzadAzad commented  · 

Bangla,as a language is very rich and have a very glorious history that all citizen can be proud of that.This language had been recognized by UN and declared an international language.It is that language for which many university students and many other people sacrificed their life in1952.Moreover,it is the sixth most spoken language in the world.So, with this justification we all Bengali spoken people submitting our language to be included logically in live mocha.Thank you very much for your consideration. Azad

• TasnimaTasnima commented  · 

Bengali must be added!

U must add bangla I will not join live mocha till it is

• JulieJulie commented  · 

This language is awesomeness!! It must be added to Livemoca! How cool would that be!?!! Please add it, please, please, please!!! :D

• M NathM Nath commented  · 

Please add Bengali on Livemocha!

• ArkaArka commented  · 

Plz add this language. Its really wonderful. It was also voted as the Sweetest Language by UNESCO.

• QuaerenspuellaQuaerenspuella commented  · 

Not that useful I guess. There are languages which are way more important and known way more than Bengali.

• DaisyDaisy commented  · 

Bengali is the sixth most spoken language in the world. It has a wonderful literature, poetical and spoken tradition.

We Need Bengali On LiveMocha!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base