I suggest you ...

Add Bengali

Bengali has over 230 million speakers and is the officail langauge of Bangladesh and West Bengal, India (which includes one of India's biggest cities Calcutta). Bengali is also spoken by communties in the UK, USA, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Myanmar and Canada. Bengali also is considered imporant engough by UN, which is considering as making Hindi/Urdu and BENGALI offical langauges of the UN. Besides this many great people come from Bengali background including Satyajit Ray (India's most famous director), Rabindranath Tagore, Ram Mohan Roy, and Sri Aurobindo. Also Rd Burman, Rani Mukerji and Nandita Das are notable bengali's. Out of All world langauges Bengali is the most ignored. I think the reason behind it is because people dont have any resources for them. Bengali it self is easy and a joy to learn, but the joy of learning gets over shadowed by the lack of resources. I know many other people who consider Bengali to be an imporant langauge to learn and would like to learn it but can not. Even rosetta stone doesnt offer this amazing langauge. So please, please please Live Mocha, add this wonderful and beautiful lanaguge!!

303 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mira nair mira nair shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LindaCCLindaCC commented  · 

Please add Bengali to Livemocha learning!

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base