I suggest you ...

Add Bengali

Bengali has over 230 million speakers and is the officail langauge of Bangladesh and West Bengal, India (which includes one of India's biggest cities Calcutta). Bengali is also spoken by communties in the UK, USA, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Australia, Myanmar and Canada. Bengali also is considered imporant engough by UN, which is considering as making Hindi/Urdu and BENGALI offical langauges of the UN. Besides this many great people come from Bengali background including Satyajit Ray (India's most famous director), Rabindranath Tagore, Ram Mohan Roy, and Sri Aurobindo. Also Rd Burman, Rani Mukerji and Nandita Das are notable bengali's. Out of All world langauges Bengali is the most ignored. I think the reason behind it is because people dont have any resources for them. Bengali it self is easy and a joy to learn, but the joy of learning gets over shadowed by the lack of resources. I know many other people who consider Bengali to be an imporant langauge to learn and would like to learn it but can not. Even rosetta stone doesnt offer this amazing langauge. So please, please please Live Mocha, add this wonderful and beautiful lanaguge!!

303 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mira nair mira nair shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Araminta BarlowAraminta Barlow commented  · 

Bengali is the sixth or seventh most spoken language in the world. You should add it!

• MarkMark commented  · 

I am interested in joining this site to learn Bengali but I am very surprised and disappointed to see that it is missing.

• DaisyDaisy commented  · 

Even before you put out all the translations, etc., if you simply create a label for Bengali reading and writing submissions, that will help us send readings and writings to each other.

There are SO many Bengalis who want to practice their English--and those of us who want to send them submissions TITLED as being in Bengali can't do it. We CAN write Bengali on your site--your system will accept google transliterate in Bengali. But we have to call it some other language. So we irritate the other language speakers, and half of our Bengali friends ignore our submissions!

Please, just start with that!

• LaaliLaali commented  · 

Please release the Bangla course!!

• CelinaCelina commented  · 

There should be no doubt as to the importance of adding this language to LiveMocha FULL instruction, courses, lessons, etc.
        International Mother Language Day has its origins with this language!
        Bengali/Bangla is the language most in demand by interested members of LiveMocha. An actual course in this language would be extremely helpful to structure language learning in this site. I speak as an interested learner of this language from the United States - there is a very large demand for this language instruction in North America.

• SamitaSamita commented  · 

If translations are done (which they are), I wonder when Livemocha is planning to release the course....i'm dying here!!

• Ishita Ishita commented  · 

How come this not in livemocha yet??? This langauge sooo beautiful and soo wonderful. so many people want to learn this language!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I agree, it is such a beautiful and poetic language, it should be added!

• SamitaSamita commented  · 

khub shundor bhasha.
        beautiful language.
        poetic and matriarchal.

• MarilynMarilyn commented  · 

Rossetta stone does not offer this langage. By adding this language the livemocha community will grow very fast and grow bigger. Many are iinterested in learning this language. Please start the course

This language is in member translation. But when i edited my profile to "fluent in bengali" i checked mt and all of the tranlsations, pronounciations and votings were finished. this shoud be a course lol!

• Mrs. ChakrabortyMrs. Chakraborty commented  · 

I need to learn this language. I know many others who are interested in "the romance language of the East," Bengali. Please, please create a curriculum.

• RohinaRohina commented  · 

Please add this lang. I'm feeling very sad my language is not included on live mocha. People are wanting to learn this language.

• AndreaAndrea commented  · 

We are ready to have Bengali lessons on LiveMocha! This is one of the most spoken languages in the world, and it is the language of Tagore, of Satyajit Ray, of many poets and artists and scholars! There are so many beautiful works of art and literature in Bengali that people should read in the original ... Please, LiveMocha, help make this dream a reality!!

• Omar GiovanniOmar Giovanni commented  · 

Surely the 7th most widely spoken language must be made more accessible for learining!

• Mrs. ChakrabortyMrs. Chakraborty commented  · 

I couldn't agree more. Bengali is not an obscure language. Please get with it, guys! THANKS!

• আব্দুস সালামআব্দুস সালাম commented  · 

বাংলা শিখে ২১ ফেব্রুয়ারীর ভাষা শহীদদের শ্রদ্ধা জানাই।

• Joli Joli commented  · 

Please add Bengali. Im not understanding why no bangla course? I join livemocha looking for this course.

support it.
        I was shocked Live Mocha had no Bangla course. Its the seventh most spoken langauge in the world

I support it.
        I was shocked Live Mocha had no Bangla course. Its the seventh most spoken langauge in the world

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base